We are looking for a WooCommerce Developer to join our tiny team and help us maintain and improve some of the most sought-after extensions in the entire WooCommerce ecosystem. As a WooCommerce Developer at SomewhereWarm, you will be:
- investigating issues, tracking down bugs and writing detailed bug reports,
- contributing fixes, implementing new features and working on compatibility,
- writing unit tests and suggesting/implementing new testing methodologies and tools,
- providing technical support and communicating directly with our customers/partners on a daily basis,
- keeping an eye out for valuable feedback and evaluating feature requests,
- helping maintain our WooCommerce extensions’ documentation,
- following a schedule that suits you and working from home (or wherever you like).
Additionally, you will be:
- helping us design and build some exciting new products,
- investing time in learning new technologies and developing your skills.
You will be collaborating with: i) the full stack developer behind SomewhereWarm, ii) a globally distributed team of engineers from partner companies responsible for some of the most popular WooCommerce extensions, and iii) the team behind WooCommerce.
- possess excellent written communication skills and have a natural talent for bending (the English) language to your will,
- love autonomy and are comfortable with self-directed work,
- are patient and aware of your strengths and weaknesses,
- are keen to observe and listen, but also eager to share experiences and expertise,
- love coding but also enjoy working with users/customers directly,
- value self-improvement above self-promotion,
- strive to acquire new skills and knowledge and always finish what you start,
- have an analytical mind and a knack for breaking down huge tasks into tiny, manageable chunks.
On a technical level, you:
- have a university degree in computer science or engineering and at least 2+ years professional experience,
- are an expert in HTML, CSS, PHP, MySQL and WordPress,
- are very experienced with WooCommerce,
- are very comfortable with Linux,
- have previously worked with git and GitHub.
Ideally, you have:
- previously worked autonomously, in a distributed environment,
- customized or extended one of our WooCommerce extensions in a previous role,
- professional experience with Laravel,
- working knowledge of React.js or Vue.js,
- used Vagrant or Docker,
- contributed to WordPress or WooCommerce.
SomewhereWarm loves the warm, bright side of e-commerce – where any idea can come to life, grow and have the impact it deserves. This is why we live and breathe WooCommerce!
We are dedicated to contributing to WooCommerce and take pride in having built some of the most sought-after extensions in the entire WooCommerce ecosystem. Our software powers thousands of websites: So far we’ve built Product Bundles, Composite Products, and a few smaller plugins, such as Conditional Shipping and Payments and Subscribe All the Things – a forward-looking mini-extension for WooCommerce Subscriptions.
SomewhereWarm welcomes, supports and rewards autonomy and entrepreneurship. We know that genuinely self-driven individuals will produce their best results when left alone to shine. For us, working from anywhere you like and choosing when to start your day is the only way to ensure an efficient, healthy working environment.
- a great salary, with bonuses proportional to your impact,
- medical insurance, depending on your country of residence,
- a flexible leave policy,
- your own learning and development fund,
- a yearly hardware allowance,
- the freedom to work from your home, a sunny beachfront, or our tiny HQ in Athens, Greece.
- Send an email to , and tell us what makes you a good fit for this position. You don’t need to attach a CV as long as you can find an equally (or more) efficient and involving way to present yourself (in human-readable format). Some things we’d love to know about you:
- Why do you want to work with us?
- What is your most/least favorite thing about WordPress?
- What is your most/least favorite thing about WooCommerce?
- What did you like/dislike in WooCommerce 3.0?
- What’s your development environment of choice? Why?
- Have you built something that you are proud of and that you’d like to share?
- Where did you hear about this job?
- We will contact you within two weeks. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to have an informal text-chat interview via Slack soon after that.
- As a follow-up, we will invite you to a short video interview.
- You will be selected to take part in a brief trial based on your overall presence and application.
- We will make a final decision and discuss the results with you!
Important: No recruiters or agencies, please!