- Use our Website.
- Communicate with us directly via email or other (public or private) channels.
Below we explain how we collect, use, and share information about you, along with the choices that you have with respect to that information.
|Product or Service||Details|
|WooCommerce.com Marketplace Support||
Information We Collect
We collect information in three ways:
- If and when you provide information to us.
- Automatically through operating our Website.
- From outside sources.
Information You Provide to Us
It should come as no surprise that we collect and store information that you provide to us, for example when you:
- send a question directly to our team;
- publicly post a question about us or about our products; or
- respond to a survey hosted on our Website or a social media account controlled by us.
This information may include Personal Information and Potentially Identifying Information. It may also include potentially confidential or proprietary business information that you share with us without taking any reasonable steps to protect it prior to disclosure. Please keep this in mind when deciding what you would like to share.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you interact with us through the Website, we may automatically collect Personal Information, Potentially Identifying Information and other Non-Personal Data, as further described below:
We do not collect and do not require you to provide Personal Information when you simply view our Website. If you choose to interact with the Website or our team, we collect Personal Information when you:
- subscribe or sign up to receive a newsletter or similar communication; and
- comment on the Website.
Like most online service providers, we collect Non-Personal Data and Potentially Identifying Information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, IP address, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
Additionally, we collect Potentially Identifying Information using cookies and other technologies like pixel tags. This information allows us to identify and track visitors, usage, and access Website preferences.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also get information about you from other sources that keep a public record of your data with your consent. For example, if you have made your email address publicly visible via a social media service, we may receive information from that service (such as a public avatar associated with your email) via the authorization procedures used by that service. The information we receive depends on which services you authorize and any options that are available.
How We Use the Collected Information
The information we collect from you is used to:
- respond to your requests and questions, and in general to provide you with the interactions that you request;
- track our team’s activity and work;
- further develop, improve and personalize our Website and our products;
- monitor and prevent any problems with our Website or products;
- protect your security, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of SomewhereWarm and others;
Note that, periodically, we may conduct research by analyzing information on an aggregate basis. Aggregated data cannot be used to identify you personally.
Who We Share Information With
We may disclose any of the Collected Data without notice to:
- Independent contractors and organizations who process this information on our behalf, or who provide services to us, such as web/email hosting, mailing list hosting, and fraud/security screening. These third parties will not use your Personal Information for any purpose other than providing us with the products or services for which we contracted, or as required by law.
- Third parties in a good-faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to take action regarding suspected illegal activities; comply with the law or legal process; or protect our rights, reputation, and property, or that of our users or the public.
Information Shared Publicly
If you choose to comment on the Website, your name (or alias), your URL and your email address may be displayed publicly.
Any unsolicited information you post to the Website, or any other public area will be deemed to be non-confidential and free to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute to others without limitation or attribution.
Additionally, we may publicly share aggregated or reasonably de-identified data for marketing, hiring, or other purposes.
Public information may also be indexed by search engines or used by third parties.
Where and How Long We Store Your Data
SomewhereWarm is incorporated in Greece. Information collected via our Website, through direct interactions with you, or from publicly available services may be stored in our own secure servers, or in secure servers owned by third parties referred to herein. Stored data may be viewed and hosted anywhere in the world, including countries that may not have laws of general applicability regulating the use and transfer of such data. To the fullest extent allowed by applicable law, by using any of the above, you voluntarily consent to the trans-border transfer and hosting of such information.
All Collected Data, including information that you provide to us may be stored for future reference until such time as you contact us to request that we delete or anonymize it.
How We Protect Your Data
We take reasonable steps to protect all Collected Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no online service is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, email sent to or from us may not be secure. Please take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Additionally, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access Collected Data or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Website if any such security breach occurs and notify you and any relevant regulators or authorities of any security incident that may have resulted in unlawful interception of Personal Information.
Your Rights Over Your Data
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your Personal Information, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- request access to your Personal Information;
- request correction or deletion of your Personal Information;
- object to our use and processing of your Personal Information;
- request that we limit our use and processing of your Personal Information; and
- request portability of your Personal Information.
You may contact us with a request to exercise any of these rights.
Your Choices Over Your Data
To the extent that we collect your Personal Information for the purpose of newsletters and similar communications, we provide you with the means to update or correct your Personal Information.
Additionally, most browsers allow you to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies when using our Website, with the drawback that certain features of it may not function properly.
Personal Information and Children
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. The Website is not designed for or directed at children under the age of 13. We will never knowingly request Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. Any person who provides their Personal Information to us through the Website affirms that they are 13 years of age or older.
“We“, “Us“, “Our” and “Our Team” are references to SomewhereWarm SMPC, a company registered and incorporated in Greece with registration number 141275601000;
“Website” is a reference to the website with the main URL being https://somewherewarm.gr/;
“You” and “Your” refer to visitors of the Website;
“Personal Information” refers to information that identifies you, such as your name, address, telephone number or email address;
“Potentially Identifying Information” refers to information that by itself is not Personal Information but could be used in conjunction with other information to identify you, such as Internet Protocol (IP) addresses;
“Non-Personal Data” refers to site usage data that SomewhereWarm collects as the owner and maintainer of the Website and that does not contain any Personal Information, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and date and time of each visitor request;
“Collected Data” means, collectively, Personal Information, Potentially Identifying Information and Non-Personal Data.
If you have any questions about the way we handle your Privacy, or any requests, please and we’ll get back to you right away.