Product Bundles v5.8
Product Bundles 5.8 is now live! The new release has been in development for 5 months and includes a substantial amount of new features.
You have probably seen bundle-sells before: Much like a cross-sell, a bundle-sell is an offer to purchase a helpful add-on along with the currently viewed product.
Compared to cross-sells, bundle-sells are easier to discover and convert immediately. This makes them ideal for recommending optional items that are:
- frequently bought (and tightly coupled) with the currently viewed product;
- lower in cost; and
- usually high in margin.
Previously available via a free mini-extension, bundle-sells can be added to any existing product by navigating to Product Data > Linked Products:
The presentation of bundle-sells on single-product pages is optimized for recommending add-ons that are tightly coupled with the main product:
Offering bundle-sells above the add-to-cart button makes them easier to discover. However, if the recommendations aren’t relevant enough, their placement above the add-to-cart button may have a detrimental effect to the conversion of the main product — so use them sparingly, and wisely!
A Flow for Adding/Editing Bundles in Editable Orders
Version 5.8 finally lets Store Managers add/modify bundles in editable orders — a game-changing feature for many processing/fulfillment teams.
If a bundle contains configurable items, a Configure button is now appended to the title of the order item:
Clicking the Configure button brings up a modal that allows Store Managers to:
- choose configuration options; and
- add the configured bundled items to the order.
Note that all required meta data needed to establish parent/child item relationships are created in the process:
Finally, if a bundle does not contain any configurable items, all bundled products are added to the order along with the parent/main order item — in this case, no action is required from the Store Manager.
Lots of Smaller Features, Improvements and Fixes
- Additional product page layout options.
- Optimized the way product stock/stock-status changes propagate to bundled items and bundles in the database.
- Improved editing experience for Store Managers.
- Improved product page styles.
- Added bundle configuration meta in the cart widget.
- Revised Storefront integration for an improved product/cart page experience on handheld screens.
- Refined integration with Composite Products.
Found a bug? Please get in touch with us!